Biography / Biodata
Abhishek Amitabh Srivastav, Abhishek Bachchan, Abhishek Bachan
Abhi,Baby B, Junior B
Date of Birth
5 February 1976
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Abhishek Bachchan Height
Aishwarya Rai, former Miss World and actress (April 20, 2007)
Jamnabai Narsee School and Bombay Scottish School, both in Bombay; and also Modern School in Vasant Vihar in Delhi
Aiglon College, Switzerland;Boston University,USA
First engaged to
Hindi, french, english
Modeling & Acting
Pratiksha, 10th Road, J.V.P.D Scheme. Mumbai – 400049
Hot facts in Biography# Abhishek Bachan was earlier engaged to Karishma kapoor in 2002 but the same was called off in January 2003 without any explanations by both parties.
# After cancelling engagement with Karishma kapoor, Bachchan family announced Abhishek Bachan engagement with Aishwarya Rai on January 14, 2007.
# The hot actor married Aishwarya Rai in a private ceremony at the Bachchan residence Prateeksha in Juhu, Mumbai on April 20, 2007.
# Abhishek Bachan’s father Amitabh Bachchan is a Bollywood legend.
# His mother Jaya Bhaduri is actress turned politician .
# His grandfather, Harivansh Rai Bachchan, was a well-known poet of Urdu and Hindi literature.
# He made his debut with Refugee along with Kareena Kapoor in 2000.
# The hot actor loves his wife Aishwarya Rai , so much that he says when it comes to sharing things, his wife takes precedence over all.
# The actor was recently accused of ‘unprofessional conduct’ whilst he was shooting for a commercial for a radio-station. Reportedly, Abhishek reached three hours late on the sets, and frequently disrupted his shooting to visit wife Aishwarya Rai . But Abhi strongly denied any ‘unprofessional conduct’.
# He went to United States to study business but couldn’t complete it as he wanted to act in movies.
# He has also been a playback singer in ‘Bluffmaster’, and ‘Dhoom’.
# His favourite Co-stars are Kareena Kapoor , Keerthi Reddy and Aishwarya Rai .
# Recently, Ash denied Karan Johar’s movie as the role was bold and she was supposed to wear the short dresses and exposing on-screen. Reacting to her decision, Abishek reacted that Aish is responsible and her work decisions are solely her choice and neither he nor his family tries to impose any terms on her.
Abhishek Bachan quotes# “I am so nervous when i’m around Dad. I can’t even look at him!”
# ” I think that the relationship Dad and me had in KANK was most similar to what we’re like in real life, because we truly are best friends. You know, we do everything together. Since I was a child, he’s treated me like a friend.”
# “I remember I was in Canada filming for a movie called “Dus” and the movie “Dhoom” was releasing on the 27th of August. And I got back on the 27th early morning, and at 2 o’clock Adi had called us to the house, and in his house I finally asked him, I say I can’t take this, tell me, how’s the film done? And he said, Congratulations, you have your first hit. And I think I went out into the, into his garden and started screaming and shouting and I was jumping up and down for about a half an hour. I couldn’t believe it, I was in shock.”
# “I hate chatting, simply because I can’t type. It is an extremely painful experience, which is why I am not into Instant Messengers or chat rooms. ”
# “Amitabh Bachchan is the institution of acting. First time I was very nervous to work with him. However, it’s ok now. But, I wish to work with my Mom now.”
# “Aishwarya is my senior but she’s been wonderful and a real pleasure to work with. She’s professional, talented, warm and co-operative. She’s gone out of her way to help me on the sets.”
# “I love dancing, but I am not very good at it.”
# “The film industry teaches you a lot. And what you do realize very quickly is that as an actor, you have to realize it’s not about you, it was never about you. It’s about the film.”
# “I think it’s far tougher doing an ad. Within two minutes one has to say what one gets to say in nearly three hours in movies. So, yes, I enjoy doing ads,”
# “I don’t believe in luck. But at the end of the day it’s got to do with luck. That’s one thing you learn very quickly in the Indian film industry.”
# “Hits and flops are not in my hand. We do our job to the best to our ability and leave the rest to the audience. Whatever the audience decides, we humbly accept it.”
# “There is no difference between a director from the south and a director from the north. We all are making a film. This is an entertainment industry. We all want to make good films.”
# “Hrithik is a perfectionist. I believe that an actor should be imperfect… he should be surprising”
Abhishek Bachan best movie list
- Yuva ( Ajay Devgan , Vivek Oberoi , Abhishek Bachan, Rani Mukherji , Kareena Kapoor , Esha Deol )
- Dhoom ( Abhishek Bachan, Uday Chopra , John Abraham , Esha Deol , Rimi Sen )
- Bunty Aur Babli ( Rani Mukherji , Abhishek Bachan , Amitabh Bachchan )
- Dus ( Sunil Shetty , Sanjay Dutt , Shilpa Shetty , Abhishek Bachan , Esha Deol , Zayed Khan )
- Sarkar ( Abishek Bachan , Amitabh Bachan , Katrina Kaif )
- Bluffmaster ( Priyanka Chopra , Abhishek Bachan , Ritesh Deshmukh)
- Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna ( Shahrukh Khan , Amitabh Bachan , Rani Mukherji , Abishek Bachan , Preity zinta , Kiron Kher , Arjun Rampal )
- Dhoom 2 ( Abhishek Bachan , Hrithik Roshan , Uday Chopra , Aishwarya Rai , Rimi Sen , Bipasha Basu )
- Guru ( Abhishek Bachan , Mithun Chakraborty , Aishwarya Rai , Madhavan , Vidya Balan , Mallika Sherawat )
- Shootout At Lokhandwala ( Vivek Oberoi , Sanjay Dutt , Amitabh Bachchan , Tusshar Kapoor , Abhishek Bachan , Sunil Shetty )
- Sarkar Raj ( Abishek Bachan , Amitabh Bachan , Aishwarya Rai )
Abhishek Bachan’s major awards
- Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award [ Yuva,2005 ]
- Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award [ Sarkar, 2006]
- Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award [ Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna,2007 ]
[ The first actor to win the Best Supporting Actor award three times in a row ]
- IIFA Best Supporting Actor Award [ Yuva,2005 ]
- IIFA Best Supporting Actor Award [Sarkar, 2006]
- Bollywood Movie Award – Best Villain[ Yuva, 2005]
- Bollywood Movie Award – Best Supporting Actor[ Yuva,2005 ]
- Bollywood Movie Award – Best Comedian [ Bunty Aur Babli,2006 ]